Grounding your energy is vital to your cellular health, and without it, you will experience a buildup of positively charged cells that cause inflammation and illness.
The best way to ground your energy is to walk or stand barefoot on the earth for 20 – 30 minutes per day to soak up the grounding energy emitted by the earth. But sometimes we aren’t able to get out into nature. That doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice our health, though.
Check out the list below for the top 7 ways to ground your energy when you’re stuck inside…
1. Apply Grounding Essential Oils. Essential oils that are made from tree or grass roots are great for grounding your energy. Simply apply the grounding essential oils to your sacrum (at the base of your spine, on your legs, knees or ankles, or to the bottoms of your feet.
A Few Pro Tips...
Tip #1: Make sure to use a carrier oil like doTERRA’s fractionated coconut oil to dilute the essential oil if your skin is sensitive or if you are using a hot oil.
Tip #2: Ensure you use high-quality, 100% certified pure, tested grade essential oils for maximum health benefits. Most store-bought oils are chemically adulterated and can cause more harm than good.
Tip #3: Check out the following Blog Post for recommendations on my favorite grounding oils.
2. Diffuse Essential Oils. If you read my previous blog post on How to Ground Your Energy & Why It’s Important, you know that grounding occurs through a transfer of electrons.
All of the toxins and stressors that we are exposed to on a daily basis create a positive charge in our cells which causes inflammation and damage to our cells. Diffusers create negatively charged particles through a process called ionization. The negative charge from the diffuser neutralizes the positive charge in our cells, and grounds our energy making us feel stable and balanced
So the simple act of running your diffuser throughout the day will help ground your energy when you’re indoors.
3. Take a Bath with Grounding Essential Oils & Sea Salt. Draw yourself a hot bath and add 1/4 to 2 cups of dead sea salt or Himalayan pink sea salt. For even more benefits, add about ten drops of grounding essential oils to the bath. The minerals in sea salt are great for relieving achy muscles and increasing circulation.
A Few Pro Tips…
Tip #1: Do not use regular table salt as it is typically stripped of its minerals and does not have the same health benefits as sea salt.
Tip #2:Avoid salts that are scented as the fragrance is generally created in a lab and contaminated with toxic chemicals.
Tip #3: Avoid taking a sea salt bath if you have an open wound, allergic reaction, hives, or rash.
4. Take a Shower. The waterfall effect of the shower create those beneficial negatively charged ions we talked about earlier. Negative ions ground our energy.
Pro Tip: Add a few drops of grounding essential oils to the shower floor for an amazing grounding aromatherapy experience.
5. Open Some Windows. Air conditioners create positive ions that negatively affect our health. So next time you need a cooldown, ditch the AC and try opening a window for some fresh air and a dose of those healthy negative ions we’ve been talking about. If you’re still too warm, try some peppermint essential oil on the back of your neck to cool you down quickly.
6. Do a Grounding Meditation. Meditation is a great way to clear your energy and leave you feeling grounded. See below for a 15-minute chakra cleansing meditation to help you get started.
7. Practice Sound Healing. Sound healing is a fantastic way to bring your body’s natural frequencies back into balance. 174 Hz is the frequency of grounding, healing, and safety. Listening to this frequency will help you feel rooted and create a healthy, energetic foundation for your mind, body, and spirit.
An easy way to get started is by searching for “sound healing 174 Hz” or “sound healing for grounding on YouTube.
For maximum effect, make sure to listen with headphones.
How to Balance Your Chakras with Essential Oils
Ready to learn more about how to balance your energy? Check out my new Masterclass on How to Balance Your Chakras with Essential Oils.
Energy Healer – Reiki Master, Sound Healer & Essential Oil Wellness Coach
Lisa (aka The Natural Blonde) teaches people to heal and take back their lives by cleansing, protecting, and balancing their energy.